Our mission is simple
WE WANT TO WIN PEOPLE TO CHRIST. We have stories of how He transformed our lives. He can do it for you too.
What is the Gospel?
The creator of all things from His spoken word. He sustains all of creation. He is Sovereign. And all that He made brings glory to Himself. His character reveals perfect love for His creation.
Male and female, made in the image of God were originally designed to live forever in fellowship and perfect harmony with God the creator. But mankind rebelled against God and subsequently lost in sin, and deserving of a Holy God’s judgement, because mankind lacks the ability to save themselves.
God, knowing mankind could not save themselves, sent a Savior, God’s own son, Jesus to give His life on a cross. It is in this sacrifice that God forgives man of his rebellion and gives the opportunity to reconcile a broken relationship.
God makes an offer of grace, forgiveness and reconciliation with Himself. He never forces a person to love Him. He allows each person to make a decision of how they will respond to the death, burial and resurrection of His son, Jesus. What God offers is a restored and reconciled relationship with Him because of the work of Jesus on his cross.
1 Timothy 2:4
STatement of Faith
These are NON-NEGOTIABLES at First Christian Church
God – Father , Son, Holy Spirit
The Father – God the Father, the creator and sustainer of all life.
The Son – Jesus, The Son of God and the one and only Savior of mankind. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of a virgin, both fully human and fully divine. He lived a sinless and perfect life; suffered and crucified as an offering to God for the sinner; who bodily rose from the dead after 3 days; who ascended into heaven; and who currently sits at the Father’s right hand awaiting word to return to earth to gather His people.
Holy Spirit – He convicts the world of sin and our need for a Savior Jesus; He lives in every Christian; He empowers each Christian to live a Godly life; He strengthens us in our weaknesses and struggles; He is the divine being God, who lives only in the Christian.
We Believe the Bible is God’s Word
1. The Bible is God’s complete and perfect message to mankind. Since God inspired these writings, they are without error.
2. God’s word is the final authority for all matters of faith, truth, morality, and Christian living.
We Believe the Gospel: The Good News of Salvation
1. All of mankind has sinned against God in disobedience. This sin has caused each person to be lost and destined for an eternal hell.
2. Salvation and the forgiveness of a person’s sins is only by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Apart from this, there is no forgiveness or hope of an eternal life in heaven.
3. A person receives this salvation by placing their faith in Jesus, repenting of their sin, and confessing Christ as Lord before men. The bible commands each follower of Jesus to be baptized (immersed) in order to fully consummate their relationship with Jesus